Office is a San Francisco-based creative studio that crafts strategies and designs experiences to make things better.
What We Do
We work with leading brands and emerging businesses to clarify their stories and create meaningful experiences that matter to people. This includes brand strategy, visual identities, packaging, advertising, digital experiences, communications and environments. We don’t have a singular, proprietary process; we adapt to the unique needs, work processes and internal cultures of each client. But we find the most successful (and fun) relationships are truly collaborative. And the very best work is created together. In 2014, Office was awarded the Smithsonian's Cooper Hewitt National Design Award to honor lasting achievement in American design and recognize excellence, innovation and enhancement of the quality of life. The Office team was honored by First Lady Michelle Obama at the White House.
Over the past 13 years, we’ve been fortunate to help build brands we believe in. Whether a global Fortune 100 company or Silicon Valley start-up, for us, it’s about the organization’s potential and the client’s courage to differentiate through design. Some of our partners, past and present, include:
Office is located in the vibrant and almost always sunny Mission District of San Francisco, in what used to be a window factory. Our team of experienced strategists, designers, writers and account directors are intensely curious and passionate about designing better experiences. Being a small studio keeps us collaborative, fast, flexible and creative. It helps us build close, long-term partnerships with our clients. And it allows our core leadership team to be involved in every project we take on.
Jill Robertson / President
Jill leads our strategy engagements and helps our clients make a positive impact. She gets excited about imaginative ideas, clarity and iced chai.
- Used to be a speechwriter. Today she writes brand stories for her clients, and bedtime stories for her twin boys.
- Co-founded Wee Society, a kids’ brand that aims to spark creativity and encourage kindness.
- Was raised in rural Iowa (home to Albert, the world’s largest bull).
Jason Schulte / Founder & Creative Director
Jason helps our team create differentiated work that emotionally resonates with people.
- Has received lots of design awards, including this one. Keeps them all in the bathroom.
- Brings Elvis with him to work every day.
- Grew up in Green Mountain, Iowa (where there’s no mountain).
Rob Alexander / Creative Director
Rob subscribes to Dieter Rams’ mantra, “less, but better.” He starts with a million ideas, then relentlessly edits to find the simplest way to tell the client’s story.
- Favorite pirate-related project (so far).
- Dad to Finn, who is also a crazy-talented illustrator.
- Never, ever gets flustered. No matter how hard we try.
Emily Bolls / Strategist
Emily has 15+ years experience developing consumer-inspired marketing and communications strategies. Clients appreciate her clarity, candor and ability to lead productive discussions in record time.
- Started her career as a writer and editor for business and tech magazines.
- As stroke seat on her crew team, she set the pace and rhythm for the boat. Same goes for her projects.
- Awarded “most fun to be around” in her 8th grade yearbook.
Cindy Wu / Operations & Account Director
Cindy makes sure we get things done. She completely gets the creative process. And she never, ever misses a deadline.
- Leads large-scale global projects for P&G, PepsiCo and others.
- Does obstacle racing.
- Passionate about organization, clarity and snacks.
Reva Parness / Account Director
Reva has more than 13 years experience exceeding her clients’ expectations. Don’t be fooled by her relaxed vibe – she never misses a detail.
- Has led Office’s engagements with Whole Foods, Google, Fisher-Price and 826 Valencia.
- Into interior design, photography and tillandsias.
- Grew up in Los Angeles, where she may or may not have worked as the personal assistant to Mrs G. from The Facts of Life.
Fanta = “Masti” in India
Fanta's new bold, distinctive identity and packaging is now launching in India — focused on "masti" [fun]. Office created Fanta's global visual identity system, which has rolled out to more than 180 markets around the world, including a global design strategy, identity, branding elements, packaging system, point-of-sale marketing, and detailed guidelines. The launch of the new visual identity system coincides with a new advertising campaign, created by Ogilvy & Mather. According to Srinivas Murthy, Marketing Director-Flavours, Coca-Cola India, “Fanta is known for its distinct ‘orangy’ taste and for providing fun-filled, exuberant experience to all its consumers. After realizing that the consumers today have forgotten how to have fun amidst several tensions and are unable to strike a balance between school, career, friends, family, and oneself, Fanta decided to re-introduce the elements of masti in their lives."
FANTA and the FANTA Splash Bottle are trademarks of The Coca-Cola Company. Copyright 2008 The Coca-Cola Company.